People who visit the blog or site are called visitors or traffic in Internet world. So in my upcoming posts, I'll explain ways to drive traffic to the blog or site. Traffic is like fuel to affiliate marketing. If anyone wants to earn through affiliate marketing, then he/she must be expert in driving quality traffic to the site.
The primarily ways to drive traffic are as follows :-
- Forums :- It is an online platform for discussions like club meeting or a round - table discussions, and it is done in writing only. Here people ask questions, give advice and share news and knowledge. It is free to join. Most forums allow to use a signature file where one can include affiliate link but some forums won't allow to include these links. Here, in forums focus must be on to build reputation and make contacts.
- Viral Marketing :- It is a fantastic way of free online advertising. In viral marketing, just motivate people to pass marketing messages. It can be done by ebooks, emails, attachments, digital products, web pages, downloads etc. It spreads exponentially with a very little effort. Viral report is one of the way to do viral marketing, which is very informative. Viral reports can be shared in forums. I'll explain more about it in my coming posts.
- Content :- To get quality traffic content plays a huge role. Content means useful informations, facts, answers, news and products. To make people click on site, stay a while and bookmark it so they can come back, content plays a huge role.
- Articles :- Articles include stories, how-tos, advice, news, product recommendations, product descriptions, product specifications, informative and descriptive tips. It brings targeted traffic at no cost.
- Picture and Photos :- These include diagrams, drawings, charts, graphs, photos, slide shows about product or content.
- Free valuable stuffs :- These include downloads. Please keep in mind that it should be viral.
- Links :- These include links to related sites. Do not include too much links.
- Advertising :- In advertising section we can include the following :-
- Ezine advertising :- If any blogger or site owner purchases an ad space in someone else's email newsletter or ezine, it is called ezine advertising. Ads may be either in classified type or solo ads. It is very quick in sales results.
- Banner Advertising :- It is an online billboard, which brings inexpensive traffic. It may be in animated or display a changing message. Many affiliate merchants have their pre-designed banners in different sizes to display on affiliates web pages. The best way to promote an affiliate program is to design own high impactful banners. It must be displayed on the first page of the topic.
- Pay per click (PPC) :- In PPC advertisers have to play a small fixed amount every time someone clicks on ad. Clicks costs depend from a few cents to several dollars. It totally depends on ' Keyword bidding system' and competition for that keyword.